Eternal Return currently has three Data Box types: Research Data Box, Skin Data Box, and Daily Box.
To open a Research Data Box and a Skin Data Box you will need a Data Key.
These boxes/keys are available for purchase in Bundle and Miscellaneous in Store.
- Research Center Data Box
- This box ontains a variety of items and designs (Ranked Rewards and some special items are not included).
- As you play more and more, you'll naturally and slowly earn Research Center Data Boxes through a variety of sources. You can get them as an ER Pass reward, as you level up your account, or when you complete daily missions, etc.
- A Research Center Data Box can contain up to four items.
- Skin Data Box
- This box contains Skins and Skin Designs that you can obtain for sure. (Ranked Rewards and some special items are not included).
- They can be purchased or obtained through the ER Pass. Skin Designs can be disassembled or crafted into Skins in Forging.
- A Skin Data Box can contain up to two skins or designs.
If you're lucky, you can now also get some skins that aren't available in the Store.
(Some limited skins, such as Cadet skins are not included).
Skins obtained through these boxes can be used right away, but designs must go through the crafting process at Forging to become a complete skin. In order to craft a skin, you need a data fragment along with a design.
- Daily Box
- This box can only be purchased once a day with A-coin.
- You may randomly get something that you can use in Forging, such as a Research Center Data Boxes, Data Keys, NP, or Data Fragments.
The list of items in the boxes and their probabilities can be checked transparently at any time. (In-game: "View full probabilities"). See Forging: Box Probability Details